ELAR Despositors’ Resource Collection
Summary of the collection
This collection includes all the resources, files, tools, and instructions that depositors with ELAR will need at each stage of the archiving process.
- Email email@example.com to establish an archiving plan with an archivist
- Sign a licensing agreement
- Receive a four-digit deposit key for your collection
- Fill out the LANDING PAGE FORM
- Email ELAR a deposit page image with metadata
- Convert all files to archivable formats (if necessary)
- Bundle materials and rename files
METADATA CREATION & VALIDATION
- Use LAMETA to create metadata files (.imdi) for all bundles
- Send completed, exported IMDIs to ELAR for checking by an archivist
- Complete the METADATA SELF-TEST and PRE-LOADING QUESTIONNAIRE
- Designate 1-2 weeks for dedicated work in the loading bay
IN THE LOADING BAY: UPLOADING MATERIALS INTO THE ARCHIVE
- Receive an assignment to a loading bay
- Using the Archivist-approved & finalized copy of your IMDIs, complete your bundles for loading to Preservica.
- Use PUT and/or SIP tools for loading your bundles into the loading bay
- Final checks: Make sure your bundles are complete, set access, and thumbnail images
- Complete the POST-LOADING QUESTIONNAIRE
- Exit the loading bay and view your finished collection online!
Acknowledgement and citation